Study of submerged aquatic vascular plants in Northern Glacial Lakes (New York State, U.S.A.)
- Environmental Resource Center, State University of Arts and Sciences, Bailey Science Building 716/245-5279, 14454, Geneseo, N.Y., U.S.A.
The submerged aquatic vascular vegetation was studied in the Finger Lakes and in two bays of Lake Ontario in northern New York State, U.S.A. The species composition, structure and biomass of the communities are related to the principal habitat factors such as trophic status of the lakes, bottom slope and substrate, current and stream effects, and depth. A record of the development of changes in the trophic status of the lakes and in the species composition of their submerged vascular vegetation is outlined. An attempt is made to assess the effects of catastrophic events (floods and cloudbursts in the watershed) on the lake vegetation.
- 1 - sciences appliquees, technologies et medecines
- 2 - sciences biologiques et medicales
- 3 - sciences biologiques fondamentales et appliquees. psychologie
- 4 - psychologie. psychophysiologie
- 1 - Physical Sciences ; 2 - Earth and Planetary Sciences ; 3 - Palaeontology
- 1 - Life Sciences ; 2 - Agricultural and Biological Sciences ; 3 - Plant Science