Abscisin II (Ab II) inhibited germination of seeds of four species of grasses. The effects ranged from slight retardation of the onset of germination from the lowest concentration (0.1 mg/l) to complete inhibition throughout the 17-day test period from the highest concentration (10 mg/l). Intermediate concentrations induced some abnormalities of development. Seed viability was not destroyed even by the highest Ab II concentration applied, normal development and growth resuming when seeds were transferred from abscisin solutions to water.
- 1 - sciences appliquees, technologies et medecines
- 2 - sciences biologiques et medicales
- 3 - sciences biologiques fondamentales et appliquees. psychologie
- 1 - Life Sciences ; 2 - Agricultural and Biological Sciences ; 3 - Plant Science
- 1 - Life Sciences ; 2 - Biochemistry, Genetics and Molecular Biology ; 3 - Genetics