- 1) Netherlands Institute of Ecology, Centre of Limnology, Rijksstraatweg 6, 3631 AC, Nieuwersluis, The Netherlands
Preliminary results of the study on the functioning of the littoral zone of the Gooimeer, The Netherlands, are presented. The results comprise data on the chemical composition of the open water and the aquatic littoral zone, the composition of phytoplankton, metaphyton and epiphyton. On the basis of these data, the Gooimeer littoral zone is characterized as an eutrophic land-water ecotone dominated by a few species of primary producers. Some data on characteristic processes concerning the decomposition of organic matter in rooted littoral sediments are also discussed. Enzyme activities, relevant to mineralization of macrophytic polymers, appear to be highly stimulated in the reed belt of the littoral zone. A first impression of the distribution and the efflux of oxygen in the rhizosphere of reed is given.
- 1 - sciences appliquees, technologies et medecines
- 2 - sciences biologiques et medicales
- 3 - sciences biologiques fondamentales et appliquees. psychologie
- 4 - ecologie animale, vegetale et microbienne