A study was made of the intertidal zone of aged wooden pilings Iocated in the lower York River estuary at Gloucester Point, Virginia, from February to June 1967. The upper vertical limit was determined for the 26 benthic algal species (7 Cyanophyta, 8 Rhodophyta, 1 Phaeophyta and 10 Chlorophyta) found at this Iocation. More than 30% of the species were limited to below mean low water and half of the species had ranges extending from mean low water or below to various intertidal heights. Six species were found that have not previously been reported from Virginia.
- 1 - sciences appliquees, technologies et medecines
- 2 - sciences biologiques et medicales
- 3 - sciences biologiques fondamentales et appliquees. psychologie
- 4 - psychologie. psychophysiologie
- 1 - Life Sciences ; 2 - Agricultural and Biological Sciences ; 3 - Aquatic Science
- 1 - Physical Sciences ; 2 - Chemistry ; 3 - General Chemistry
- 1 - Physical Sciences ; 2 - Chemical Engineering ; 3 - Catalysis