- Life Sciences Department, University of London Goldsmiths’ College, Rachel McMillan Building, Creek Road, SE8 3BU, London, UK
Ethnomedicinal information was collected from the Betsimisaraka—the inhabitants of the Maroantsetra Region in the northeastern part of Madagascar—during a recent expedition to the region. In spite of the inhabitants’ rich knowledge of and willingness to discuss medicinal uses of plants, from both disturbed areas and undisturbed primary rainforests, it was found that much ethnomedicinal information has not been documented. There is an urgent need to further develop and document this ethnomedicinal information and also to protect the medicinal plants, some of which could be lost as a result of deforestation and invasion by foreign weed species.
- 1 - sciences appliquees, technologies et medecines
- 2 - sciences biologiques et medicales
- 3 - sciences biologiques fondamentales et appliquees. psychologie
- 4 - physiologie vegetale et developpement
- 1 - Life Sciences ; 2 - Agricultural and Biological Sciences ; 3 - Horticulture
- 1 - Life Sciences ; 2 - Agricultural and Biological Sciences ; 3 - Plant Science