A review of caryocar brasiliense (caryocaraceae)—an economically valuable species of the central brazilian cerrados
Caryocar brasiliense Camb. is a member of the Central and South American family Caryocaraceae. Most species of the family are found in tropical rainforests and are economically valuable.C. brasiliense is the main representative in the Brazilian cerrados and grows naturally wherever this type of vegetation is found. Ecologically, the species plays a significant role in the cerrado’s composition. The fruits and seeds are over-exploited due to their wide range of uses, and questions have been raised about whether the intensive exploitation poses any threat to the conservation of the species.
- 1 - sciences appliquees, technologies et medecines
- 2 - sciences biologiques et medicales
- 3 - sciences biologiques fondamentales et appliquees. psychologie
- 4 - sylviculture
- 1 - Life Sciences ; 2 - Agricultural and Biological Sciences ; 3 - Horticulture
- 1 - Life Sciences ; 2 - Agricultural and Biological Sciences ; 3 - Plant Science