- U.S. Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Crops Research Division, Beltsville, Maryland
The genus Cnidoscolus, of the Spurge Family (Euphorbiaceae), is a homogeneous group of herbs. shrubs or small to medium-sized trees indigenous to tropical America, with a few species extending to subtropical and temperate regions. The generic name, derived from the Greek meaning nettle and spine, alludes to the painfully stinging hairs frequently present. Two species of chilte growing in west-central Mexico are now utilized in industry as a source of gutta-like material with high hydrocarbon and resin content.
- 1 - sciences appliquees, technologies et medecines
- 2 - sciences biologiques et medicales
- 3 - sciences biologiques fondamentales et appliquees. psychologie
- 4 - psychanalyse
- 1 - Life Sciences ; 2 - Agricultural and Biological Sciences ; 3 - Horticulture
- 1 - Life Sciences ; 2 - Agricultural and Biological Sciences ; 3 - Plant Science