Investigations and findings of a floristic study at Coquille, an archaeological site in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana, are reported. In contrast with the surrounding marsh and swamp, there is a distinctive diversity in the vegetation at the site. Most of the plants are native species that have been reported as ethnobotahically important to the southeastern Indians. It is postulated that if the plant community present at Coquille today were present in prehistory, this area was rich in botanical species potentially useful for foods, medicines, and other material resources.
- 1 - sciences appliquees, technologies et medecines
- 2 - sciences biologiques et medicales
- 3 - sciences biologiques fondamentales et appliquees. psychologie
- 4 - psychologie. psychophysiologie
- 1 - Life Sciences ; 2 - Agricultural and Biological Sciences ; 3 - Horticulture
- 1 - Life Sciences ; 2 - Agricultural and Biological Sciences ; 3 - Plant Science